by White, E.B. (novel); Williams, Garth (illustrations)
- See description
Stephenson, Virginia, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Charlotte’s Web (1952) by E. B. White is a piece of classic children’s literature. Fern Arable, a young girl growing up on a farm, pleads with her father to not butcher the runt of a recently birthed litter of pigs. After being spared, Wilbur the pig spends some time as Fern’s pet before being sold to her uncle, Homer Zuckerman, at which point Wilbur’s adventure truly begins. After being rejected by the other animals at Homer’s farm, Wilbur strikes up an unlikely friendship with Charlotte, a spider whose silky web resides near the pig. When Wilbur learns that he is to be butchered, his arachnid companion hatches a daring plan to save his life. The famous novel has been adapted into a movie, video game, stage production, and is soon to be made into a television series. A feat of storytelling, Charlotte’s Web won the Laura Ingall’s Wilder Medal and was a Newbery Honor book in 1953. Charlotte's Web is one of the best-selling paperbacks of all time. E.B. White rarely signed books, so a signed first edition can run anywhere from a few thousand dollars, to over $25,000.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Captain Ahab's Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- CHARLOTTE'S WEB
- White, E.B. (novel); Williams, Garth (illustrations)
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- Harper & Brothers, Publishers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Captain Ahab's Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Captain Ahab's Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...